Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Some Interesting Findings

I've been  writing down verses every day and adding other passages that I feel relate to the Daily one.
A verse in Isaiah (40:3) caught my attention.
         A voice cries out in the wilderness, "Prepare the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God!"
A related passage was Mark 1:1-3 
The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  As it is written in the prophets 
"See I am sending my messenger ahead of you who will prepare your way;
the voice of one crying out in the wilderness
Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight!"
 I saw this and wondered what of the other Gospels make this reference to Isaiah.  So, I started looking.  And I was amazed to see that all FOUR gospels make this reference to Isaiah.  
Matt 1:1-3
Mark 1:1-3
Luke 3:1-6
John 1:19-23
And who would this messenger God is sending to prepare the way be?
According to the four gospels, this messenger is John the Baptist! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment